Thursday, March 24, 2011

Proof that Couponing is Worth the Effort

Here is a small portion of my grocery purchase from this week:


I paid $1.43 total for the above items at our local grocery store, Rainbow.

Cost Breakdown:
Green Giant Vegetables x 2: $1 per box with a 50 cent off coupon each that doubled = FREE
McCormick Italian Spice Grinder: $2 with a $1 off coupon that doubled = FREE
Ken's Ranch Dressing: $1.66 with a $1 off coupon that doubled = Better than FREE (-$0.34)
Ritz Munchable Crackers: $2.69 with a $1 off coupon that doubled = $0.69
Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta: $1.49 with a $1 off coupon that doubled = Better than FREE (-$0.51)
Rhodes Dinner Rolls: $2.59 with $1 off coupon that doubled = $0.59
Kraft Homestyle Meals: $2 each with $1 off 2 store coupon combined with 2 $0.50 off each coupons doubled = $1 total ($0.50 each)


In order to print off all my coupons, I need computer paper.  I scored a great deal at Staples this week on these guys:

I purchased 2 reams of paper for $5.99 each. I used two $1 off coupons bringing my total per ream to $4.99.  I also will receive a Staples Easy Saver Rebate for $4.99 per ream x 2. 

$4.99/ream cost - $4.99/ream rebate = FREE paper
FREE paper = More coupons and more art projects
More coupons and more art projects = Happy Kiddos + Happy Momma

I get most of my coupons from a single Sunday paper, websites like http://www.coupons.com/, and links from blogs like http://www.hip2save.com/ and http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/.  So simple, so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment