Friday, March 25, 2011

Dear Cost Plus World Market, My Old Friend

Earlier this week, I submitted this letter to World Market via http://www.worldmarket.com/

To Whom it May Concern:

Please come back to Minnesota!!  We really, really miss you here.  The state is relooking at our liquor laws which could potentially allow sale of liquor on Sundays. (I've heard that's why you pulled out of the MN market.)  If Minnesota is out of the question, please consider opening a store in Hudson, WI.  If you build it, Twin Cities citizens will come.  Even on Sundays.  Especially on Sundays!

All the best,
A Devoted World Market Customer who prefers tactile shopping


For background, World Market closed up shop on their stores in Minnesota in the Spring of 2009, and while I made out like crazy during their store closing sale, I really miss that store.  The nearest store is 4 hours away in Des Moines, Iowa.  I'm not sure what else is in Iowa, but it would be hard for me to justify driving 8 hours round trip to visit a store.  I don't like paying for shipping, especially on big items that may or may not work out in my space.

This weekend, like many stores at the end of the quarter, World Market is having a coupon promotion offering 25% off your entire purchase.  I've been eyeing these stools for my kitchen counter, but it's going to take free shipping AND 25% off for them to take a spin at my house:

Elana Banana Leaf Barstool Set
Courtesy of World Market

I plan to keep waiting and hoping.  (Although I did just find a free shipping code: SPRINGSHIP, it doesn't erase the large item surcharge of $20/chair, and if they don't work out the way I've been imagining them, the return process would not be fun.) 

Until then, I do have some store opening news. I received this in the mail the other day:
I don't think I've ever been to a Gordman's before, but I've heard great things about it.  Apparently, it's like TJ Maxx or Marshall's.  I figure the more places to peruse the clearance racks in my town, the better!  The Grand Opening is today...and on the back of the flyer is a coupon:).  I'll let you know if I find anything!

Update:  The Grand Opening is actually next Friday, April 1st, but the store opened their doors yesterday for the first time.  If you ask, they'll give you a 15% off coupon when you walk in the door:).  I forgot my camera, but there are lots of interesting things in the lamp, mirror, end table sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment