Thursday, March 31, 2011

Don't Forget about Menards!

While looking at the Menards sale flyer on Sunday, I noticed a few things that peaked my interest.  First, there was a battery sale, and we were in great need of a few AA's: Rayovac 20 packs were on sale for $6.99 with a $5 rebate (limit 2). 

Next, there was an 8 piece king sized comforter/sheet set on sale for $54.99 with a $40 rebate.  Now, I know that Menards isn't the first place that you think of when in need of a new comforter, but it's hard to find a set of king sized sheets for $14.99, let alone an entire king comforter/sheet set.  And I'm sure the quality isn't outstanding, but for a girl who likes to switch things up on a frequent basis, I'd consider a $14.99 comforter set.  It would also be great for someone looking to stage their home for sale!

Finally, there was a picker upper tool that was on sale for $3.99 with a $3 rebate.  I don't need a picker upper tool....I can't think of a thing I would use it for in a practical sense.  Honestly, it just looked like fun.  Bill started handing me tissues with it last night, and I teared up with laughter.  Hilarious stuff, but you probably had to be there.

A picture may help:
Imagine this coming at you from three feet away!!

Now here's a picture of all the goods: 
Sorry, it's a dark image.  The picker upper tool is resting on top of the bed set.

Close Up of Menards King Sized Comforter Set

Sydney Palampore Organic Cotton Duvet Cover, Twin
So it's a major stretch, but the above is the Sydney Palampore set from Pottery Barn, and it bares some resemblance in color scheme to my $15 set.  Even for a twin set with 2 shams, the total would be $140 at Pottery Barn (King size is sold out, so I don't have a price for it).
   
Cost Breakdown:
I got 2 packs of batteries, my picker upper stick, and a king comforter set.  I paid $78.16 and will receive $53 in rebates* if I keep the comforter set (I need to try it out on the new bed before I commit to it.  Afterall, $15 is $15, and I'm not big on throwing money away on an unused item.).  Grand total for the purchase is $25.16, including the tax.  Wow!

*The rebate is in the form of Menards Credit.  We frequent Menards on a regular basis, so we're good with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment