Monday, March 5, 2012

Charm's Gallery Wall Including T-Shirt Art

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Today, I have another 'old' project to share with you.  (The holidays really made things busy around here, so I apparently got behind with posting updates as they happened, so this is another catch up post:).)  We installed this artwork in Charm's room in November, along with the gutter bookshelves.


At the top is an antler set that Bill and I picked up at a Hobby Lobby in Des Moines, way back in June.  It was $20 on sale 50% off.  Below the antlers is a square frame picture that I picked up at Target on clearance for $4.98.  The clock was $5 from Walmart.  The canvas feet are Charm's.  We inked up his feet with black acrylic paint on his birthday last summer.  I just love them!  The little canvases are from Michael's and came in a 4 pack.  I believe they were about $5 or so for the four pack combining a sale with a 'take an additional percentage off coupon' (about $1.25 each).  The metal 'H' is from Urban Outfitters and was on sale for $6. 

 

Below that are the two brand new IKEA Ribba frames that I picked up from Goodwill for $10 each.  I filled them with t-shirts that I found on clearance for $4 each at Target.  I like the vintage feel of the images on them and since they are size small boys, Charm will be able to wear them in a year or two. Multipurposed art:)!  I probably should have ironed them a bit before sticking them in the frame, and I still might do that.  Finally, there is a magnet board from IKEA that we've had around for a long time. I'm telling you that magnet board has provided hours and hours of entertainment!  Charm has several different sets of magnets and he uses them for his 'ship' or 'car' buttons.  A little boy's imagination is truly an amazing thing.





The table and chairs are from IKEA.  

Total cost for the wall art: $65-ish
Anyone else stick something unconventional in a frame and call it wall art??

P.S.  Check out how our house looks right now:







 And how our kiddos looked on Saturday:

Hooray for Halloween in March:)!

Linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick.

2 comments:

  1. I can not get over how big Hank is! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids look so cute! I really like Charm's room. It was so much fun to see how excited HE is about his room.

    ReplyDelete