Monday, March 26, 2012

Charm's Room Reveal!


At long last, Charm's room is complete...you know, just in time to move him to a twin sized bed:).  I started working on it early last summer, so it really does feel like it's been a never ending project.

Just as a reminder, here is what the room looked like back in July:





And here it is now:


I already posted about most of the major projects like the gutter book shelves, the gallery wall, the desk area, the wave artwork, the pouf, the night stand and the clip board wall art.  In addition, I made the 'headboard' art using a thrift store embroidery hoop, fabric from IKEA and embroidery floss to sew on an 'H'. 


I also made him a duvet cover using a fun green organic cotton fabric that I purchased at Fabric.com.     


I made the curtains using fabric from IKEA.  (It has since been discontinued, but was called Monalis.)  The fabric wasn't cheap at $8/yard = $48 for two panels (not my usually cheapo standards), but I just loved the pattern, because it reminds me of a tree house which reminds me of little boys, which reminds me of Charm.  I also sewed in a liner to keep it nice and dark during day time naps.  The liner was on sale at Joann's 50% and I had a bonus take an additional 25% off sale prices coupon, so it was $15 for 6 yards. 














I updated his chalkboard globe recently with the famous line from Dr. Seuss, "Oh, the places you'll go!".  Fitting that it's written on a globe, no? 









Ta-Da!

What do you think?  Anyone else finish a never ending room as of late?  What a great feeling it is to finally get 'er done.  And now, it's time for me to focus on the next room or two.  Or three.  :)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Spring is here in Minnesota!!  Don't forget your sunscreen!

Linking up to Finding Fabulous.
Linking up to Thrifty Decor Chick.
Linking up to The Rooster and The Hen.

19 comments:

  1. Love it! I don't think I know what it feels like to finish a room...I never feel like it is done. :) Can't wait to see your next projects? Any outdoor projects planned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami! There might be an outdoor project or two. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a difference! It looks great. I'm so jealous of your energy and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous! I wish I was that talented and could do something like that for my daughter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous room! the book corner is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie...if only I would have seen your industrial pipe curtain rods earlier...I would have added them to Charm's room for sure!

      Delete
  5. What a lucky boy! I love the embroidery hoop "headboard"!

    And the gutter shelves are fabulous!

    I love globes (have a collection) and chalkboards so the two combined are perfect!

    And that closet!! Oh well, guess I love everything!

    Pinning this!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many awesome projects went into this room! We're excited to have you among our features from the RRR party!
    Whitney - The Rooster and The Hen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Whitney...I'm off to check it out now!:)

      Delete
  7. what a fabulous room! lucky little guy. love all of the diy touches. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this room! I also love all the little details and diy touches. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! what paint color did you use? it's perfect for the room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The wall color in Charm's room was there when we moved in. I did some paint can searching, and my best guess is that it's Sherwin Williams 6110 Steady Brown.

      Delete
  10. I love that the gutter shelves are short enough for your son to get some books on his own and you have enough shelves for tons of books and craft supplies as he gets older. Also, love the way they wrap around the corner. I'm gonna make some of these asap.

    ReplyDelete