Monday, December 12, 2011

Chair Dipping

I hope you all had a nice weekend!  We had a good one that flew by.  We spent a good amount of time working, playing and blowing our 'No Spend December' Challenge.  Seriously, why didn't anyone pipe up and say December would be a bad month to pose such a challenge?  Ah well.  There's always next month!

Anyway, while looking through some of the pictures I took last week, I noticed this one:


...and I realized that I never posted about this Bentwood Chair that I had picked up at Goodwill this summer for $2.99.  It originally was stained with a Cherry finish and one of the back pieces was broken.  Bill fixed the broken piece, and I got out my red spray paint.  Just as I was finishing the last coat of red paint, I came across this post from Jenny at Little Green Notebook that included this image:


I love the look of 'dipped' furniture legs.  I had the perfect piece to try it out on.  I picked up a sample jar of turquoise blue paint and taped off the bottom of the legs at the height of about 4 inches.  

(I spray primed the legs first, hence the garbage bag.)  I originally posted the above image in October, when our garage was a furniture refinishing factory.  It's funny to look back at that post now!  It seems like so long ago.


Here is the finished chair:






I think she's just adorable.  I wish I had a whole collection of Bentwood chairs so I could try out different color combinations.  This red chair looks particularly festive in our red, green and white great room right now.  I have no idea where it will live on a more permanent basis...we shall see:).  

Stay tuned for more Christmas posts this week and perhaps even an updated Charm's Room post:)!

Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!! I have a recent chair obsession...would totally steal this cutie from you if I could ;). I'm your newest follower...loving your blog! Would be so grateful if you stopped by ours too.
    funwiththefullwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany! Your blog is great...I love all the recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved this piece and a featured it on my blog this week. Please stop by and check it out. www.whimsicalperspective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks whimsical perspective!!

    ReplyDelete