Here is the before:
And after some thought, I decided I wanted to place this piece in our disorganized front foyer area. Here is the 'everyday' before of that space:
After switching around the 'new' campaign chest with the former table, here is what we welcome guests with now:
I used Rustoleum's new tintable oil based paint for this project. I chose the color 'Yorktown', but I quickly found that the Rustoleum brochure doesn't accurately display the colors that the tinting process creates. I ended up going back to Menards to have the color tweaked a bit, otherwise this chest would have been neon blue!! The paint went on super well. I did need to do two coats of it, but the finish is glossy perfection (or as perfect as it's going to be done by hand with a brush:)!) Bill took care of the hardware using Brasso and in a few cases, some gold spray paint.
I still have several more tweaks to make on this space. In the very near future, we'll be using our mudroom (which is a post for another day) as our main entry into our house, so we shouldn't have such a big shoe pile up in this location. Also, I'm planning on switching out the mirror, adding some hooks for coats on the side walls of the campaign chest alcove, painting the alcove and accessorizing a bit. Additionally, we'll be updating the foyer rug, and we'll be tweaking the 'shoe putting on' set up to the right of the campaign chest alcove as well.
Now, back to work for me! We've got lots more furniture to transfer from the garage to the house before my husband imposed Saturday deadline for clearing out the garage for winter parking! Wish me luck:).
Linking up to Miss Mustard Seed.
P.S. Total Project Cost = $60 for the chest, paint and Brasso