Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Prince Charm

Lucky likes to relate our family members to royalty.  Bill is the King.  I'm the Queen.  Lucky is the Princess, and Charm is the prince.  I'm not sure why she started doing it, but I like it:). 



Two years ago this month, Prince Charm was born and joined our little family, and I am forever grateful he did.  So grateful, I'm on the verge of tears writing this post.  I can't tell you how much joy he has brought to our lives in two short years, and I honestly feel so incredibly lucky to be his mom.  He is simply the best.  Within five minutes he'll sit in your lap being a cuddle bug and then get up and jump on you boy-wrestling style.  He's the perfect combination of boy's boy and sensitive sweetie.  He's a back patter.  He turns anything into a guitar to strum: a dinner fork, a stick from outside, his sister's forearm, etc.  He does the best imitation of a horse, and he loves to bring out his fake snore on car trips.  He has this twinkle in his eye and smirk on his face while pulling his sister's strings from time to time (I'm fairly positive that came from me, and I'm positive I got it from Opa. Who knew that trait was genetic?)

He's a social butterfly.  When I dropped off Lucky at a Park and Rec class this summer, Lucky was too shy to play with the other kids at first, while Charm immediately grabbed the teacher's hand and eagerly participated in the icebreaker game they were playing. 

He thinks he's a big boy.  Can you imagine Charm and two 10 year olds hanging out together at a local park?  He says 'Hi' and asks them if they want to go down the slide with him.  Nevermind the 8 year age gap.  I'm sure he's thinking, "We're are all here to play, right?". 

He is a master at melting my heart.  After being scolded, he looks as if he's on the verge of tears and then does this head drop maneuver as if it say, 'I messed up.  I'm so sorry.  Please don't be mad at me.'  I melt every time he pulls it out of is two year old arsenal of parent manipulation tools:). 

He's potty training himself, even though Bill and I aren't ready.  He can relieve himself five times in 10 minutes and in three unique sitting and standing positions.  It's actually quite impressive.  We've had to limit his M & M reward to 1 every 10 minutes. 

He thinks he's from Boston.  He says 'car' like 'cah' and 'star' like 'stah'.  Another favorite Charmism is 'Dare it is' for 'There it is' or 'Dare ya go' for 'There you go'.  And when he wants more of something, you'll know it when he says, 'Moooooooooooooooooooore!'.

For these reasons and so much more, our Prince Charm is simply the best. 

Charm,

We love you to the moon and back, little guy.  We hope you have a wonderful second birthday!  We can't wait to see how you grow and change in the coming years.

Love you sweet boy,
Mommy and Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Charm!!!! Your such a big boy now!!!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday wonderful prince charm. You are an amazing child and make all of our lives better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday charm! We love you!

    ReplyDelete