Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Little Lucky Room Love


My sweet girl turned five last month, which is incredibly hard to believe.  We had a two week long birthday extravaganza for her with a dinner in Milwaukee on her birthday, a party with her school friends the following week, and another gathering up north the following weekend.  She loves being 5!!  Part of her present from Bill and I were a couple small room updates.  I don't think I've shared much in her room in the last year or so, though we've made a few changes in the space.  Her original room reveal post is here.


One area that was changed was her desk area.  When Charm got a desk area update, so did Lucky.  Her desk area went from this:




To this:

The back of the bookshelves above the desk were lined with dollar store foam core cut to size and covered with wrapping paper that I had on hand already.  I painted chalkboard paint on the back wall between her desk and upper cabinets and on the back wall under her desk.  Finally, I added a tension rod with little curtains to make a little play cave under the desk:).

When I wrote 'Lucky's Room' on her chalkboard, she insisted that I add 'Charm is allowed'.  So cute.  


I found this driftwood horse at Gordman's awhile back.  It was $28 with a coupon.  Lucky had a chance to ride a miniature horse at our local county fair this summer and she was really taken with the experience.  She likes horses:).

These wallflowers are by Umbra.  I picked them up on super clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond.
 
 
I paid just over $5 for the box (with a coupon) and spray painted some of them gold. 



Lucky keeps a bucket of chalk and a mini LED lantern in her girl cave.  


She also painted this canvas.  Each flower represents a family member, our fish included.


I spray painted this owl gold as well.

Lucky is spending more time drawing at her desk as of late, which is really fun to see.  She most certainly is growing up quickly!  I'll be back next week to share a few more updates in her room.

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment