Thursday, November 15, 2012

Let the Thanksgiving Fun Begin!!

With only one week to go before Thanksgiving, I figure it's time to mention a couple Thanksgiving themed activities that we are doing in our household this year.  I found a great "Thanksgiving Bucket List" on Modern Parents Messy Kids, and we plan to tackle many of the activities listed.

The first activity that we're working on is a chalkboard Thanksgiving Countdown.  We take turns coming up with people, places or things that we are thankful for, and then I write them on our dining room chalkboard, one per day.  My favorite so far was when Charm said he was thankful for, "All my people."  I think he meant he is thankful for all his relatives and friends that he loves.  It was so funny and so sweet.



We also started gratitude journals and each day the kids draw a picture of something they are thankful for.  It keeps them busy while dinner is cooking, which I am thankful for:).



In addition, we are planning a few turkey crafts for today, and some fun and festive thanksgiving themed snacks for the next few days. I've tracked down a few Thanksgiving books to read as well.

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful tradition, and a great reminder for us to be grateful for all the blessings in our lives!  Do you have any Thanksgiving activities planned for the next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment