Friday, November 4, 2011

Project Sunshine Gift Idea: West Elm Alphabet Mugs

Earlier this week, I mentioned my new project.  Part of that project includes finding or creating fun gifts on the cheap.  When I find a gift idea, I'll do my best to pass the information along in a timely manner so that you might be able to take advantage of sales and coupons too!
Here is one idea:

West Elm Alphabet Mugs
$4 each on sale, with FREE shipping!

I can personally attest to the fact that these mugs are awesome!  When I found them last spring for $4 each, I picked up several important family letters, and we have been enjoying them ever since!  They are large mugs...perfect for a nice cup of coffee or to warm up the kids' milk in the morning.  They are also nice when we have company over because everyone claims a letter and there's no question about which mug belongs to which person!

I have planned for awhile now to add to our alphabet collection (I even picked up a discounted West Elm gift card from Plastic Jungle several months ago.), but I've been waiting for them to go back on sale!  Yesterday, I noticed they were back to $4/mug, and I ordered several more to add to our collection!  We've even picked up a couple of them for presents in the past, and I ordered an extra 'N' mug this time for a family helper who could use some sunshine cheer!  I love that this gift is personalized and inexpensive.  Add a $1 bin mini-bag of coffee and you're good to go!  It'd be a perfect host gift or teacher gift as well!  Come to think of it, I'm off to place a second order for some coffee loving preschool teachers! 

Feel free to send any inexpensive gift ideas my way by adding a comment to the post.  I heart comments:)!!

Have a wonderful fall weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Beth!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I'm sure you've seen this on pinterest but my favorite inexpensive gift lately has been paint sample book marks. My kids love to help me stamp out a heart or clover or whatever stamp we have handy from the dollar section of Michael's craft store and then hole punch for a ribbon and it's PERFECT.

    LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! I love your bookmark idea! I will surely be tackling that one soon. My daughter loves marking her page before turning her light out at night! We've been using a piece of tissue to mark her pages. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete