Thursday, March 7, 2013

We're Going to Disney World!

In the very near future, we'll be heading to Florida!!  We can hardly wait, and we've been busy getting ready for the last week or so. 

I had a really fun time putting together a fun travel bag full of kid activities that Lucky and Charm can use on the plane and on car rides.  I thought I'd share some of my sources for kid travel fun on the cheap, so here goes:

 
I found these fun Highlights books in the dollar bin at Target:
 
 
These coloring books and stickers were in the Dollar Spot as well: 
 
 
I found these fun story books in the Bargain Section at Barnes and Noble:

 
 
These books were in the clearance book section at Marshall's.  They were $3 and $1.

 
 
These pens and fun pockets were from Tuesday Morning and were an additional 20% off!

 
 
This Crayon Town set was from Tuesday Morning as well and was marked down to $3.99 and was an additional 40% off.

 
 
I found these Color Wonder Sets in my 'gift closet'.  I picked them up on sale and with a coupon a long time ago.  Mess free airplane fun sounds good to me:)!

 
 
While staying at Bill's parents home or visiting my parents, I thought Charm and Lucky might have some fun with a few Hot Wheels and painter's tape. 

 
 
You know....we might make a little race track like this:
 
 
 
I also picked up a couple treats for the week. We really like the Unreal brand of chocolates around here. (I like that there are no artificial colors or flavors used and they are readily available at Target!) I also picked up a small container of Organic Lollipops from Marshall's.

 
 
While we are in Florida, we will also be spending a couple days at Disney World, and the kids can hardly wait.  Bill and I thought ahead and picked up some Disney gear locally to save some money over Disney World prices.  We found these organic cotton t-shirts at the Disney Store for $8 each on sale:

 
 
We're packing two costumes each for them to wear at the park if they feel like it.  Lucky will have a Cinderella costume and a Minnie Mouse costume:

 
 
Charm will be able to dress as Woody or Buzz Lightyear.  We found a plastic Buzz Lightyear helmet that lights up.  It is awesome.  I wonder if Charm will want to sleep with it on:).

 
 
 
 
Bill also wanted to get Lucky and Charm each a set of pajamas, so they could stay in character at night:).

 
 
We also will be making individual sized jars of 'Pixie Dust' using glitter we picked up at Joann's:)!

 
 
 
Games, toys and costumes aside, I had so much fun packing spring clothes for Lucky and Charm for the trip.  I actually took the time to lay out their outfits.  Here are Lucky's:

Lucky has worn this shirt for forever.  It used to be a dress on her actually:).  It was a gift from Oma.  Shorts: Target, Shoes: Target
 

Grey Sweatshirt Blazer: Gift (from Target), Dress: Target, Tights: Target, Shoes: Target
Notice a Trend?:)  I should probably be writing Target Clearance because that's the section I shop in 90% of the time.
 

T-shirt: Disney Store (Charm has a matching one), Skirt: Target, Shoe: Target
 

Hat: Gymboree, Shirt: Gymboree, Skirt: Marshall's, Shoes: Marshall's, White Leggings: Gift
 

Gold Coat: Marshall's, Dress: Marshall's, Shoes: Target
 

Shirt: Old Navy, Skirt: Target, Shoes: Old Navy
 
 
This is Lucky's favorite outfit:

Sweater: Children's Place, Shorts: Target, Hat: Target, Yellow Flower: Michael's Felt Clip
She'll also wear a pink t-shirt underneath, but it was in the dryer when I took this picture:).
 

Cardigan Sweater: Target, Dress: H&M, Shoes: Target


Here is Lucky's traveling outfit:
Hat: Target, Flower: Michael's, Dress: H&M, Leggings: H&M
 
 
Here are a couple of Charm's outfits:

 



 
 
I didn't do such a good job packing for myself.  I picked up a few new springy clothing items for the trip.  I'm loving patterns and bright colors right now.  Here's the best glimpse I can provide while my clothes are drying:).

 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful spring break!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, as i was scrolling through all the clothes I just kept saying in my head..."that is so Lucky's style." That girl can make any outfit work, she is so adorable. Great job packing and making it fun. Packing can get a bit overwhelming and stressful. Have a great time when you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky does have a certain style. She always has...today was another blue-i-licious day. I wonder what the people in the kids center at the Y think when they see her in all her monocolored glory. She wore a blue headband, blue shirt and blue tights today. Then I told her she had to wear a skirt or shorts or pants or something over the tights because I could see her underwear through the tights, and she sighed and went back to her room and put on a blue skirt. So darn funny.

      Delete