I wasn't loving how our blue ikat curtains were looking with all the Christmas decorations in our great room. See what I mean:
So I decided to make a curtain change. I gathered my materials...a pair of Ritva curtain panels from IKEA, some red sewing thread and several yards of red pom pom trim.
I pinned the trim to the edge of the curtain, and then sewed a straight line. It was in the words of Lucky, 'easy peasy pumpkin easy'. I also took the extra 10 minutes to hem the curtains to the appropriate length. There are many curtain panels in our house and the only ones that are actually hemmed and not just safety pinned to the appropriate length are the curtains in the kids rooms, and this pair of panels. Some day I'll get to the rest of our panels:).
And now for the after:
So much better...and we'll be able to use them for Valentine's Day too!!