Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh Happy Day!



I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I enjoyed a fantastic Mother's Day with my husband and kiddos who surprised me with a beautifully decorated dining room in my favorite color, yellow!!



It made me so happy all day!!  We also spent some time planting sunflowers, Indian corn, and pumpkins (normal and white ones) in our raised cedar garden in the back yard.  I can't wait for the plants to start sprouting!!




And we spent some time this weekend recovering from our big annual garage sale.  We had SO MUCH STUFF this year.  It took me about 3 months to go through our entire house room by room, closet by closet,  and drawer by drawer BUT the reward was huge in terms of money earned and space freed within our home.  That being said, I'm so glad to have the sale behind us!  Now, I can put my 'free time' focus on fun projects!  I'm actually looking forward to an ordinary day today and an ordinary week!  Speaking of which, I need to start reading The Gift of An Ordinary Day by Katrina Kenison for my Tuesday night book club:).  Wish me luck speed reading!!

2 comments:

  1. that is so sweet that they decorated fro you! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too...we just took it down last night:(. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day, Cassie!

      Delete