Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Stroll Through Kirkland's

I recently found myself near a Kirkland's store, so I stopped in to browse around with kids in tow.  I was definitely feeling brave that day:).  I spotted a few super cute items that I thought I'd share.

First up was this owl canister set:

$39.99

I just love the bright colors.  And owls are Lucky and my "thing".  Go Team Owl!!
(I should note, this set wasn't on display at my store, so I just saw the box.  Hopefully the quality is good and the colors are true to the picture on the box!)


Next, we found this mason jar beverage dispenser with stand:


Sale price: $24.98

This is very Pottery Barn-esque.  I think Pottery Barn even sold a galvanized stand like this last year for about $20 alone.  A similar stand/dispenser combo at PB will cost about $80.  Although, I can't speak for this Kirkland dispenser exactly, it's been my experience that the less expensive dispensers tend to leak.  Most of the dispensers sold at Target and the like have plastic 'tappers' that leak for one reason or another, and that is super annoying.  Especially when you have them out at your son's 3rd birthday party:).  That being said, for $25 it might be worth taking a chance:).


$14.99

This shell is huge and lovely, but what I really wanted to show you here isn't available online.  It's a huge piece of faux coral for $17.99.  I believe it came in a cream or red color at the store I was at and it was huge.  I love colored coral statues, but they always tend to be so expensive, even at stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx.  I was impressed with the scale of Kirkland's Coral.  Sorry I don't have a picture to show you:).  I hope you enjoyed seeing this big Conch Shell instead.



$99.99

This table is really stylish.  I liked the oil rubbed bronze color, but it would also be really fun spray painted a bright hue!!




$69.99

Kirkland's always seems to have great mirrors, and I have a thing for floral mirrors:)!!



$149.99

This cooler had a a steel lined cooler inside.  It was awesome, but extremely light weight, which made me question it's durability.  And if you could find a comparable steel cooler, it would certainly be DIY-able too!!




$149.99
This lamp is pretty interesting, but I didn't see it in store, just online while searching for the items I did see in store.  I like the brass corner pieces, and the drum shade is nice too.  




$89.99

I can't really explain this one very well, but I loved it.  It was spring like and wonderful.  I could picture decorating some room in our house in bright spring colors and having this in the corner or something.  I just don't know what I'd do to cover up the base.  A bright colored blanket for a tree skirt?  Or a huge basket?  I don't know.  Maybe it's just a good excuse to keep Christmas tree lights up longer?:)


And those are the items that stood out to me on my 5 minute mad dash through Kirkland's.  I should note, that I only purchase items from Kirkland's on sale (or clearance more often than not...they often run 'take an additional 40% off clearance prices' sales) or with a coupon.  Why pay full price when they make it so easy not to:)?

I hope you are all having a super week.  We are having something big installed here on Friday that I am SUPER excited about!  I'll share more next week:).  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I overall like Kirklands stuff, however I can't handle the smell of that store. :) I have to do a quick walk through and get the heck out of dodge. Even my coat smells if i am in that store too long. ICK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I always forget about it until I walk in. I was so worried H was going to start complaining when we walked in. He's usually very sensitive to that sort of thing, but he did okay for the short time we were in there.

      Delete
  2. I love Kirkland's and I'm so sad there isn't one in Portland. Actually, that's probably a good thing; I think I'd get myself in more trouble if there was. There is one near my mom's and I was so glad to get to take a stroll through on my recent trip. Thanks for sharing. That Lucy Flower Mirror is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just how you feel....we lost World Market and ZGallerie in the same year. Whenever I would travel, I'd look for those two stores:). Now World Market is back! Who knows when Kirkland's will expand to the NW!! Until then, online shopping is the next best thing:)!

      Delete