Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rug Karma

Remember when I returned the super duper good deal of a rug that wasn't quite right for my house?  And then I found some Olin rug knock offs at Home Goods?  Well, I think the rug Gods were smiling down on me again when I stumbled upon this one in perfect, brand new, straight off the Target shelf condition at my local Goodwill.

It was marked $79.99.  At some Target stores and online, this same rug is sold for $349.99.

I love this rug and have had the same exact rug in the 5' x 7' size for several years.  It was in the mudroom of our first home and we put it in the sun porch at our current house:

The rug works really well with the outdoor furniture that we had originally purchased for the gigantic deck at our old house.  We were lucky the furniture fit so nicely in our sun porch at our current house.  I always felt like the rug was a little on the small side for the space, especially since the kids love to play in this room.  More rug space = a bigger, comfortable play area for the kids.  I had actually price checked the larger size online recently, but at $350 it was a no go.  At $79.99 on the other hand, it was a definite go:



Good Rug Karma is the best!!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice find. Im going to have to keep an eye out at my Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know what you'll find at Goodwill:)! I've been getting lucky as of late, but most of the time I walk out empty handed. I can make a quick run though...in and out in less than 5 minutes:)!

      Delete
  2. That is one of my absolute favorite rugs from Target. I even cruise the aisle to see if I can catch it on clearance. So excited you got such a great deal and thru Goodwill...wow! It's perfect in your room. Enjoy!

    ~Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I know the blue version is on clearance online right now in certain sizes. I love Target clearance finds, and finding Target items brand new at Goodwill is even better:)!!

      Delete